Thursday, April 8, 2010

Julia saw the Hepatologist 2 days ago, she felt that Julia was doing well, despite her cold. She has lost 2 lbs, she now weighs a "whopping" 34 lbs. Her appetite has been down, probably a combo of the meds, and her cold. I bought strawberry pediasure, which she likes. We had to get out of the hospital fast after Julia had labs done, as the kids had a 1/2 day at school. the 2 hr-25 mile drive in during rush hour to childresn-Boston was only 40 mins on the way home. Yesterday, I was outside relaxing, reading the 3rd installment of the Twilight Saga books, and the phone rings, school RN calling about Matt. Seems "charming Fellow" took a "header" from the grip of his teacher from the monkey bars. She was holding him up to reach the monkey bars, he fell out of her arms. The RN tells me that he's fine, no change in mental status or level of consiousness, no complaints of pain, no dizziness, no egg on his head, he didn't say that he saw "two of everything". The things one would look for after falling on his head. I was very concerned becasue Matt has a history of cervical spine probs, been on head, should, neck precautions for 4 yrs now. After I hung up from school, I called the Pedi, who agreed to order neck-back x rays, dismissed Ashley and Julia early from school, got Matt and went for him to have x rays. He really was himself, no complaints, no bruises, no egg on his head. I was so stressed. X rays were negative, and "normal" for Matt. He is NOT going on the playground structure or monkey bars anytime soon, or at all. He is not well coordinated enough. Kept him home today to keep an eye on him, as he hit his head, no signs of anything. He is just psyched to miss a day at school. Scared the hell out me. Another good thing, just heard from Julias Hep C RN, just after doing the Hep ctreatment for a month, the virus level is nearly non detectable in the last lab Julia had done 2 days ago. We're, or should I say Julia is on a great path as eliminating this sucky virus from her system. She is very clingy and a little annoyed this morning, as she is not used to "sharing" me with her brother during the week. she will get snippy, look at him, and try to hang on me. Typical siblings. Ashley started softball last night, the first practice, she loved it. Funny, she has the same number that I had when the last few yrs when I played town softball, not in the dark ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment