Friday, April 2, 2010

Matt had an appt with GI Dr yesterday, he feels that Matt is doing "phenominal", and he gave Matt a Scooby Doo comic book, Matt was so happy, as he loves Scooby and the GI Dr. It was cute, while checking Matts belly, GI would call him the "big boy" and tickle his stomach, and Matt would laugh hysterically so would the Dr. See the Dr next year for Matt. I asked him a few questions about Julia, as GI covers livers too. I asked him about her labs, so he got them on the computer, seemed a little perplexed as to why one LFT went up, and the other down, but we chalked it up to Julia just on her 3rd week of Hep treatment. He told me to relax and let "them" (Dr's) take care of the labs, I told him "can't do that, the labs get E mailed to me, and enquiring minds have to know" He said, well, if it was my child, I would have to know too, so that ended that idea. While there, Julia began the sneezing, greenies from her nose, beautiful. I thought she was at the beggining of a cold, I thought well, one afternoon at school and than a long weekend, as the kids have school off for Good Friday. We walk into the lobby of school, the eyes start draining greenies and yellow drainage, and have that glassy look. The aid and I looked at each other, and I told her, guess we're now leaving, as it looks like conjuntivitis, thw aid than asks me, "want to go see the RN, "nope, it's most likely conjuntivitis, and she will tell us to leave anyway, have a ncie Easter, good bye" Arrived at school at 12:30, gone at 12:35. Her eyes escalated quickly, tons of green and yellow goo, called the Pedi for eythromycin eye ointment, and will see him by monday if her cold-eyes don't improve. the bummer part that due to her Hep C meds, we can only use dimetapp very, very sparingly. I also bought strawberry Pediasure, as her appetite isn't the same right now, at least she can get protein and vitamins off of that, also bought kid protein bars. Who knows where this came from, school, mouth on the CVS counter, Childrens Hosp, shopping carts, who knows. All I know that she feels pretty lousy. She is still in bed, after 14 hrs. At least one nice thing came out of the chat with GI yesterday, he told me "I don't know your husband, I've known you for yrs now, but I want you to know that Matt is doing so phenominal, and Julia is making great strides because of you" I felt pretty good after that leaving that appt. Ashley and Matt are in great moods, both healthy today, and Ashley wants to go to Boston to the Museum of Fine Art, maybe, put Julia in the stroller if she's doing better, and Matt will most likely behave. Speaking of Boston, opening day for the Red Sox is on sunday in Boston, vs the NY Yankees, rivals forever, Go Red Sox!! Have a nice Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment